kids

kids

Tuesday, March 5, 2013

The Dangers of Homeschool

I had put Trey down for a little morning quiet time, I try not to let him sleep anymore in the morning, but sometimes he needs a little break from the chaos.  While he was down I put Silas to work on school stuff and Jewel was playing in the playroom.  I went to dry my hair.

10 minutes later I hear Jewel coming up the stairs in tears.  Silas is right behind her.

"I need to tell my Mommy" she is saying
"Stop, Jewel." Silas says, "I'm telling you that I am sorry.  You still have a ton of hair.  Look, look at this huge bunch of hair you still have."

I GASP and shut of the blowdryer.  I meet them in the hallway and start frantically searching her hair for a gap.  Thankfully, I can't find it.  She is crying quietly.  He is teary.  I am relieved that it at least isn't obvious.  It's not bangs, thankfully.

We go downstairs and have ANOTHER talk about scissors.  Actually I am surprised that this is our first incident.  I am picking up a few things and calming the frayed nerves.  I go to drop something in the garbage and see THIS...

 Now it is serious.  I am looking again through her hair.  I finally find the chopped piece.  He took his craft project and ditched the directions for a hair cutting session.  It really isn't noticeable, but I did text Jordan immediately with the information.  As I am talking to him, the kids are getting ready for swim class.

When Jewel comes out, dressed for class, I am sure no one will notice her hair cut.

Anyway, this is what happens when all your kids are home, all the time, and scissors are involved in any way.  I think I need a vacation.

No comments: