
And to wrap up the trip, we spent 4 sunny days at my parents house. At first I was surprised as I looked through my pictures to see that the only ones I really had were of Silas with the family inside the house. He played outside so much I don't know how I missed that. And then I remembered that while he was playing I was working on my tan and not at all thinking about my camera.

Silas LOVED his time with Everett and Adeline. They looked at books with him, jumped on the trampoline with him, and loved all over him. Shockingly he was a fan of all the attention. :)
As a family we also had an incredible time of sharing, prayer and communion together. I am so thankful for the foundation set by my grandparents (Pake and Beppe were there with us as well), carried on by my parents, and now established in the families of my siblings. It was such a blessing to share our lives which are generally spread out across the country, and then surround each other in prayer.
It is good and bad being in Arizona all at the same time. Of course we love to be together as a family, and we love to see ALL the kids playing together, and all the pregnant mommas together, but with so much activity sometimes there is a remaining desire for quality time with individuals. One long walk with my mom didn't seem like enough. Short conversations with Shad and Sheila in the sunshine between meals and just great big hugs for Pake and Beppe in passing were great but left me wishing for more time with them. I guess we are going to have to start sending invites for time at my house this summer when the Arizona heat is too much for everyone to handle. I will lure them here with promises of a coastal trip and sunshine at 75 degrees :)

No comments:
Post a Comment