kids

kids

Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Silas Day

Things have been busy around here lately. After Jordan's parents were in town for a week near the beginning of July, we began preparation for my family coming to town to celebrate our newest Baker family member (more on that to come). Once they arrived we spent a fun filled week out on the coast with the extended family, making each day fully count. The last of the crew left our house early Friday morning, and we spent the weekend trying to recover on the sleep we willingly sacrificed while they were here. Starting Monday I hit nesting mode in full swing. All of a sudden I need baby clothes out, a changing table set up, all the newborn necessities, and of course a completely spotless house. So, our days this week have been full of laundry cycles, floor scrubbing, store running, and list making.

This morning, after a rough night of bad dreams for Jewel and several mid-night wakings (one of those nights that makes a very pregnant mother think she may as well have an infant since she is up half the night anyway), the kids and I were discussing the plan for the day. A run to the store,swim lessons, lunch, naps...

Silas says to me, "Mom, when is it going to be Silas Day?" 
me- "You mean like your birthday?"
him- "No, like 'Silas Day'.  You know, a day I don't have to do anything."
me- "Oh, you mean like 'Mother's Day' or 'Father's Day'?
him- "Yeah.  A day where I can just have a break."
me- "A break?  A break from what?"
him- "A break from everything.  I just really need 'Silas Day' so I can take a break and I don't have to do anything."

Seems to me we have a lot of 'Silas Days' and 'Jewel Days' around here.  He doesn't seem to be too stressed out...with the below picture as evidence.

So, beware...he is petitioning his Dad tonight.  There could be a new national holiday on your calendars next year :)
Posted by Picasa

No comments: