All I know, is that when we arrived at our camping destination last Friday, the sign was very clear.
This is my friend, Lisa, assessing the situation.
And working it... I don't know who is behind that window, but they are getting a Lisa show like they've never seen before.
And, consequently, here we are on the beach just a stone's throw from our husbands who are assembling our tents in the campsite.
OK, actually, the super Corrigans made the reservations for this highly sought after spot in Nahalem Bay on the Oregon coast like...a year ago or something. And despite the fact that we were on our way to Arizona for the winter, they extended an invitation for us to join them for this past weekend. We accepted, having no idea that we would be back in Oregon (or that I would be 34 weeks pregnant), and by God's grace we shared the most amazing weekend with our pals!
This is Max, their youngest, he is just a couple weeks older than Jewel and the two of them shared their first camping adventure together. All in all they did remarkably well! Naps and bed times in the pac n play in the tent, covered in dirt and sand all waking hours, and shouting unrecognizable demands at the older kids when they weren't getting their way.
Not only were we right near the beach, but we had FABULOUS weather the whole weekend. This is a rarity on the Oregon coast, so the bright sunshine and t-shirts did not go without a lot of thanks to God for this blessing! This is my boys with Maddie, the Corrigan's middle child, she is 6 months younger than Silas and they are such a sight to see together. Lisa brought Maddie with her when she made her trip to Arizona in January. As the kids were playing at the campsite on Saturday afternoon, Maddie turned to me and said 'I love Silas, he is the only boy I know who I like.' Silas overheard the remark and came to the table where Maddie was sitting. With total sincerity he looked right at her and said 'Maddie, I will love you all the way until Jesus comes back.' The genuine care for one another that these two share is priceless! I am so thankful for their little friendship.
Here are Max and Jewel, being snickery, almost 2 year olds. But don't worry, we had Marin babysitting them, and she is 5 (and a 1/2).
We had treats and yummys GALORE! One of our biggest delights (literally) were the marshmallows that Lisa brought. They were a hit with the kids and made amazing smores. I think my kids pretty much just ate as many as they could straight out of the bag.
How can you say 'no more marshmallows' to these little faces??!!
Another cool dynamic between our families are these little boys. Silas is without a little brother, and Max is without a big brother. So the guys really bond together. Which is why they can both look cooly at me as I snap pictures while Jewel is on the ground next to them throwing a full fit...they are unaware.
Check out this diva on the beach. Love her.
Lisa and Maddie (you can see just from this picture where Madeline gets her amazing-ness)
And Marin, coordinating outfit and matching sunglasses.
Jewel snagged the sun glasses too, I seriously don't know what to do with this girl. I see this picture and want to snatch her up and squeeze her, smothering her with smooches. And yet I remember the antics she pulled on this trip and I want to strap her to her pac n play and take a nap just thinking about the exhaustion it causes me!
Jordan took a day off of work so he could spend the whole weekend with us. A treat of course.
Oh yeah, and I turned 30. Not only did Lisa make me a rhubarb crisp for birthday celebration on Friday night, but then my sweet friends the Powells drove all the way out to the coast bringing two delicious cakes for birthday celebration #2 on Saturday night. So spoiled and so loved (and SO pregnant, and SO loving sweets!).
We had such a fun weekend. Thank you to the Corrigans for inviting us, sharing this adventure with us, and being such amazing friends...you really are our family, and we are SO THANKFUL for you!!
No comments:
Post a Comment