Last night I was in the kitchen doing dishes. Jewel came up behind me and hugged my legs tightly. I reached back to stroke her head and tell her I loved her, when she bit me. I jumped up in shock (and pain) and spun around to face her. My reaction scared her and she immediately started crying. I picked her up and said, "Jewel, do not bite. That is very owie!"
Now, although the incident shocked me, it doesn't really surprise me. She is somewhat aggressive with her affection, and even more so with her frustration. However, just beyond our little interaction was her Dad. I have often thought about how much Silas is like me and how much Jewel is like Jordan. But this time he looked more guilty than usual.
him- "I may have just bit her a minute ago."
me- "What?!?"
him- "Well, we were playing around and she was just so squishy...I couldn't help it."
me- "Jordan, she just bit me."
him- "I know. Sorry. It's just how we love."
Oh. My. Word. We are so unqualified to be parents.

No comments:
Post a Comment