kids

kids

Friday, July 22, 2011

Milestones

 
There are some milestones that seem more monumental than others.  There are these moments when I look at one of my kids and all of a sudden they seem years older instead of seconds older.  Putting Silas on a big boy bike was one of those moments.  

He has been an expert strider rider for the last year and a half, and we even hesitated to move on to the pedal bike since he is so fast and proficient on the strider, but he is getting too big for it and he won't be able to stride forever.  However, let this be a shameless plug right here for Striders.  They are the BEST invention for kids.  I would highly recommend to anyone to skip the tricycle and training wheel phase for one of these puppies.  Unfortunately in my archives, I don't have as many videos of him zooming around on his strider in the last year as I had hoped.  But I will say this, our 'family' walks consist of me walking with my giant pregnant self and Jordan sprinting along to keep up with Silas on his strider while pushing Jewel in the stroller as she squeals with delight over jumping curbs and two wheeling turns. 

Needless to say, aside from the fact that cranks on bikes this small are too tiny for real speeding, Silas is loving his new bike!  This was his first afternoon, and the transition was really, really smooth!!  So of course we are passing the strider on to Jewel.  It may be a while before she is zooming around on it, but how cute is she in her helmet :)

(These videos are out of order, but blogger was giving me trouble this morning and I just wanted to get them posted.  One is of last summer with Silas on his strider, the rest are current from the other afternoon)



No comments: