Every now and again, God encourages me with a little bit of tangible evidence.
One of the first nights in our house, we were all so exhausted from moving, unpacking, cleaning, and doing all the other 'musts' of the day, and had finally fallen into bed way too late. Throughout the night Silas had been up a couple times needing drinks of water and trips to the bathroom. Finally at about 3 am he came in and I could have sworn he had been wide awake for hours with the pep and volume of his voice.
- Mom, MOM (in his loudest whisper voice)
- What Silas (in my most incredibly tired and what the heck are you doing in here again, voice)
- Mom, if there is one thing I really have a hard time with, it's sharing. So I have just been in my bed talking to God about that. (in a very matter of a fact voice)
- Silas, I am so glad to hear that. That is exactly what God wants you to do when you feel like you are having a tough time with something, to talk to him about it. I am really proud of you. (In my most amazed, touched, thankful, and gentle middle of the night mommy loving whisper)
- Ok, Goodnight Mom. Love you.
- Ok, Goodnight Silas, I love you, too.
I was all of a sudden wide awake and doing some of my own talking to God. Thank you Lord for the glimpses.

No comments:
Post a Comment