But, I realize I have friends and other far away family (shout out to Aunt Kate...I saw your post on my wall that you were wanting news) that may be interested in how things are going here. So...here we go. This week I am staying at Hessel and Heather's house (a blog to come) and my internet works here! So, I'll fit in what I can, try to spread out the postings, and then pick up again after Christmas.
The month before Jordan left, he quit working the job he had been doing in order to spend as much time with us as he could. We essentially had a month long vacation as a family, for free, bouncing between his parent's house and mine. We had as many adventures as we could, snuggled as much as we could, and spent many late nights wondering what our new life in the Marshals would be like.
We took Mandy's kids and Heather's kids and our kids to Sabino Canyon to go hiking (minus Jewel and Abbie). It was one of those days that made me feel like Jordan and I could have 5 kids easily! We had so much fun, the kids were so good, Jordan is just super dad/uncle, creating adventure and fun around every corner (and in every cave). Consequently I am not feeling that way now as just my little 2 seem plenty to handle!
Riding the Sabino Canyon Tram
Some of the snuggles...
We took the kids to Mt. Lemon one day to play in the fall leaves and the boys rode on the ski lift. There are actually better pictures of that day...we went for a gorgeous hike, stopped at breath taking city views, and the kids slept in the car...but, I L.O.V.E. the way Jewel is looking at Silas in this picture. She really adores him. I need to learn to photoshop faces to get a cute one on Silas :)
We spend an amazing weekend up in Phoenix. The reason for our visit was to see our friends Ben and Genea and their kids. Ben and his Dad gave their testimony at Ben's church, it was incredible to see them sharing God's mighty hand in their lives. We stayed two nights at Uncle Mike and Aunt Sally's condo where we were able to swim, go for walks, and stroll across the street for bakery fresh meals and hot coffee.
We celebrated October birthdays with Mandy and her kids...
And my Dad (feeding the fish at his office)
We went for crazy rides in the jeep to the park, 4 wheeling in the wash, and just around town to enjoy the Arizona weather.
Then, we had to say goodbye. Actually, in the last few days, both Jordan and I commented that we were feeling ready. It had a been a month of "the last of this" and "our final that"...and he was anxious to get started (and get finished). The departure day was brutal. It's hard for the kids to understand the sadness and the tears and the forced affection...especially when there are things like escalators, conveyor belts and airplanes everywhere you turn. Thankfully the grownups can be gracious to that...even though it's tricky. Since then there have been short phone calls (we are both super busy and with the 2 hour time difference Jordan is getting into bed the same time I am putting the kids down, so we rarely talk without their interruptions), and some really great Skype times with Jordan and the kids. He will be home for 3 days over Christmas and arrives a week from today. HOORAY! We survived the first leg. Praise the Lord!!
No comments:
Post a Comment