
I just had to add a few more pictures from the last few days, and record some of his latest phrases before I forget them :) So, the biggest problem with spaghetti is how delicious it is, and how hard it is to eat with a fork. So we prefer the both hands in method. See the video clip at the end of the entry!
So, I have to confess that with the warm weather, I have been taking the opportunity to get some sunshine. Saturday I was laying in my chair most of the morning while Silas played very happily in the back yard. I usually expose my growing belly to the sun as well, because let's face it, bigger looks better when tan! So, when I went in to make lunch, I looked outside to find him stretched out in my chair...with his shirt pulled up just like mine.
This Sunday, Silas was voted best dressed (again) by everyone at church. I can't help myself, he makes the outfit!We also recently moved Silas into a big boy bed. It is comical actually because we are using the queen size bed from our guest room for now. This was mostly motivated by need on my part. Silas does not share my lap well with the baby, so story time in our chair was getting to be a pushing match. Not to mention that lifting him in and out of his crib was probably not the best thing for my "restricted activity". So, into the big bed he went. It was a fabulously easy transition, which we were not expecting. I thought we would have jumping up and down, getting out of bed, and playing way too long before sleep. Graciously, God gave this one to us and he mostly just loves his new bed a ton.
Yesterday we spent the afternoon at our friends' house for a bbq. It was a really busy afternoon/ evening and even though Silas was tired I knew winding down for sleep would be a trick. But, we climbed into his big bed and read our books together, sang our songs and prayed, and then I left with all quiet. About 30 minutes later I hear him crying so I went up to go check on him. He was sitting on the edge of the bed when I came in, and this was our exchange.
me: What's the matter, Silas
him: I don't know, Mom, I'm just crying.
me: Oh, that's too bad. Well, let's lay back down.
him: I need to snuggle for a minute
me: OK, I will lay next to you for a minute
him: (once I am in bed next to him) Mom, let's just talk for a while.
me: (I know, this is totally against efficient bed time routines, but I couldn't handle the cuteness) Ok, Silas, what do you want to talk about?
him: Ummm...Hmmmm...How about Lisa's house.
me: OK
him: I play with my friends, and the big sand box, and lots of bubbles, and Ivy (their dog) was eating the bubbles! It was so funny! Running around, playing, eat a treat. (continues on with great animation about all of our activities)
me: Yeah, it was a good time wasn't it.
him: yeah, it was a good time.
I guess he just wasn't done processing his day. I was delighted to share in it with him. After that I layed next to him for a few more minutes and he rubbed my arm while I rubbed his tummy, and then he fell asleep. A totally precious moment.
Here are a few of his favorite phrases right now that get Jordan and I cracking up right away:
1. Oh, get outta here!
2. I can't believe it!
3. I can't wait to see him (Jordan)!
4. I just need one more kiss
5. I feel a little grouchy
6. Oh wow, great idea!
7. Check this out...
8. I don't know what you're talking about
9. Oh yes! PLEASE!
10. I love you, too
Yesterday we spent the afternoon at our friends' house for a bbq. It was a really busy afternoon/ evening and even though Silas was tired I knew winding down for sleep would be a trick. But, we climbed into his big bed and read our books together, sang our songs and prayed, and then I left with all quiet. About 30 minutes later I hear him crying so I went up to go check on him. He was sitting on the edge of the bed when I came in, and this was our exchange.
me: What's the matter, Silas
him: I don't know, Mom, I'm just crying.
me: Oh, that's too bad. Well, let's lay back down.
him: I need to snuggle for a minute
me: OK, I will lay next to you for a minute
him: (once I am in bed next to him) Mom, let's just talk for a while.
me: (I know, this is totally against efficient bed time routines, but I couldn't handle the cuteness) Ok, Silas, what do you want to talk about?
him: Ummm...Hmmmm...How about Lisa's house.
me: OK
him: I play with my friends, and the big sand box, and lots of bubbles, and Ivy (their dog) was eating the bubbles! It was so funny! Running around, playing, eat a treat. (continues on with great animation about all of our activities)
me: Yeah, it was a good time wasn't it.
him: yeah, it was a good time.
I guess he just wasn't done processing his day. I was delighted to share in it with him. After that I layed next to him for a few more minutes and he rubbed my arm while I rubbed his tummy, and then he fell asleep. A totally precious moment.
Here are a few of his favorite phrases right now that get Jordan and I cracking up right away:
1. Oh, get outta here!
2. I can't believe it!
3. I can't wait to see him (Jordan)!
4. I just need one more kiss
5. I feel a little grouchy
6. Oh wow, great idea!
7. Check this out...
8. I don't know what you're talking about
9. Oh yes! PLEASE!
10. I love you, too
3 comments:
Do you know how happy it makes me that Silas wants to talk about his evening at my house?
That... and "I don't know what you're talking about"... that cracks me up, this kid is too much!!
awww...what a sweet boy! I really wish our boys could meet...i just know they would love each other. So happy that Silas transitioned to the big bed with ease...good for him (and you!)! I seriously cracked up at "i cant believe it" (but in my head he says it with an accent...with an incredulous voice inflection). love it.
Sommer, Silas is just adorable! His pictures are so cute...I am sure he will be a great big brother! I am loving reading your blog, you are such an amazing mom!!
Post a Comment