kids

kids

Wednesday, May 13, 2009

More about my guys

Jordan has totally stepped up to the plate to help out now that the doctor has told me to start taking it easy. Today alone, I have to brag, on top of working an extra 3 hours on his day off to earn some extra money, he vacuumed the downstairs, cycled through 4 loads of laundry, played with Silas, took him the the Portland Children's Museum so that I could grocery shop alone, and put him to bed. Wow. I know. Silas loves Jordan's days off and they always make good memories. Today when they got home from PCM, I found them waiting for me in the driveway (in the rain) looking just like this...
What a champ of a Dad to join in on the face painting fun. Silas was very proud of himself. Jordan said on the ride home they had gotten stuck in traffic so to entertain Silas, he turned the rear view mirror so that Silas could see himself. The remainder of the ride he inspected his face, laughed, and was saying "On my face, on my nose, right here, right here...ha ha ha, that's funny!"
Then they took out the tricycle that Grammy and Pops got Silas for his birthday, and showed me their latest tricks they had been practicing. Silas ALMOST has it on his own. The slope in the driveway is boosting his confidence.

Then we went inside so I could make dinner. It is really hard to be the one making dinner when there is silliness going on. So I took a break to catch this clip.

And finally, just for a few more giggles...this is Silas' latest joke. He puts this bucket on his head and runs around the house. He thinks that we cannot see him through the clear plastic because he says "Where's Silas, Mom?" when it is on, and then pulls it off to say "I am here!"

His other funny sayings right now are, "You be my friend, Dad?" and sometime he is saying it, sometimes a train is saying it to us. He has also started taking his trains into the bathroom with him when he needs to go #2...and talking to them while he is waiting for the action. We crack up just outside the door (after he asks me to leave because he needs his privacy) as we hear him say "I push really hard, Edward." and "It's coming Thomas!" or "It's a big one, that is a really big one, Edward. I get a treat now?"
He is still very inquisitive about what things are, so he will frequently ask me as he did while we were washing his hands yesterday "what's that, Momma?" while he is pointing to the faucet. So I said "That is a faucet" and he says in this very high pitched voice of total disbelief "A faucet? Really? Really?" as if I were trying to trick him on the names of household objects. Again, these are all things that have us in stitches, but that you really have to be here to get the full idea...so COME!

No comments: