kids

kids

Friday, March 11, 2011

Jekyll Island

We spent one Saturday at Jekyll Island. It is less commercialized than St. Simons, so there were fewer attractions, but the solitude was very welcoming. We made a picnic lunch to have on the beach. And Jewel ate her very first sandwich. I mean I have given her cut up sandwiches, little bites, but this time she ate it like a big girl. Just another little milestone :)



Then we went down to the water, and played and played. I love this picture, mostly because of the look on Jordan's face.
It was a bit of a drive to the island, so we ended up staying past Jewel's afternoon nap time. Thankfully I had brought the ergo with me, so I buckled my 30 pound 18 month old to me, and we walked. We walked down this beach, not a soul in sight. I sang quietly to her, letting the waves and wind hush my voice and she started to drift. I just stared down at her long lashes and sweet, soft cheeks as we meandered through the sand. I know that soon she will be too big (who am I kidding here), and she won't sleep outside of her own bed. So I really savored this every aspect of the walk. That night when my muscles were tired and sore, I thanked God again for our beach nap.

Posted by Picasa

No comments: