This is one little girl who is so proud of her Daddy. I found this onesie in a box of clothes we borrowed from Troy and Jen G. (our Portland Marshal friends). I gave all of her clothes back before we left, but with a prayer in my heart that my little Jewel would be able to show off this shirt one day, I tucked the onesie into my suitcase to come with us to Arizona. It is a 12-18 month, so it was a serious prayer as she is already wearing all 18-24 and some 2t. But, when we got our official call on Thursday morning, I ran to my room and dug under my box of sweatshirts and pulled it out. I put it on her right away and with tears in my eyes snapped each little snap successfully.It was fun to snap pictures of her, fun to watch her toddle around with her sweet chunky little legs sticking out...but nothing was as sweet as watching Jordan come home and with shrieks of delight she walked over to him showing off her steps and her Daddy love. He is always excited to see her, always scoops her up and covers her with kisses, always squeezes her tightly. But when he saw her shirt, it was an even higher level of excitement. They just stood there together, giggling and laughing and hugging and celebrating.
No comments:
Post a Comment