kids

kids

Friday, October 8, 2010

Announcing...



On Tuesday of this week, Jordan came home from his job and had a goofy smile on his face. He did his normal thing of unpacking the car and his lunch box, checking his email, and getting ready to get cleaned up (he's working for a contracting company that cleans foreclosed homes...it's messy work). When I saw him he said "I had a neat day today".

I was glad to hear it and asked him to tell me about it. He was just getting started when we heard the garage door open and my mom's car pulling in. He said "I'll wait until your mom comes in". I started to get a racy heart...waiting for her means it is something big.

He started again, telling us about a raise they had given him in pay at work and they gave him extra hours to compensate him for the driving time he's done. I could tell there was more. Then he said "I also got a call from the Marshals today".

WHAT!!!???!!!

Well, the guy who facilitates the fitness tests in Portland called while he was working and left him a message to tell him that his fitness test results had expired (it's been 6 mos since he took it the first time), and he needed to come in on Thursday morning to take another test because it looks like they are going to try to get him into the academy coming up soon.

What does this mean? Do you have to go back to Portland to do it? What is 'soon'? They are going to try to get you in or you are in?

Don't know, Jordan called him back but he didn't answer. Can't celebrate just yet. Too many unknowns. We've been here before.

Wednesday he calls back. Yes, they can do the fitness test in Tucson, that would be fine. Friday morning at 7:30...the other side of town. Well, the facilitator can't really say anything, but he's heard that they are trying to get him into a camp in November or December because they have a job opening for him in Portland.

WHAT???!!!!????

Can't celebrate yet. It's not the official word. It's still just hearsay...he's not headquarters.

Wednesday night, Troy (our Portland Marshal friend) calls Jordan. Had Jordan heard the news? NO, PLEASE TELL US THE NEWS! Troy was in the meeting at the Portland office, Jordan got one of two spots in Portland. Troy thinks maybe academy will start in December.

WHAT???!!!????

Thursday morning, official call from Marshal Headquarters in DC. Offering Jordan a position. Academy starts November 17. It finishes April 1.

Jordan passed his fitness test with flying colors, superior in all categories. I am so proud of his dedication and hard work.

Is this for real? After all this waiting and changing and anticipating and waiting and hoping and wondering and doubting and PRAYING...are we finally actually in?

YES!!!!

God is so far beyond amazing. Of course his timing is perfect. Of course he is totally in control. Of course it is always easier to see it, marvel at it, rejoice in it, bask in it, praise him for it, and just giggle with delight about it when you are on the other side.

I can be a bit independent and self sufficient. I like to do things on my own and feel like I can handle life. I know that had this call come when we were still in Portland, I would not have come to Arizona. I maybe would have come for a visit, or asked my parents or Jordan's parents to come to me, but I would not have moved here for the duration of the academy. I was too set in my way of doing things in our house in our city in our comfort zone. Now that we are here and settled in I can see the immense blessing it is for me to be here. Of course everything up until now has been great, and it will continue to be that way until Jordan has to go, but after that I won't be great. I know it will be hard for me. I know I'll start getting into "survival mode". But, I'll already be here. My kids are already used to everything here. We are settled and safe. This is now "our" everything...here in Tucson where I can be taken care of and have help and support and encouragement. Our rooms, our suburban, our cousins, our grandparents, our backyard, our home.

I am overcome with the personal way God knows me and cares for me. Jordan was probably ready to go to camp months ago...but God knew what needed to be done for me. I feel like I can't believe he loves me so much, and is willing to be so specific in his attention to me. When I think about the details and the planning and the thought...it's just overwhelming to me. Breathtaking and precious. I am personally loved by a God who can orchestrate all of these things, and he orchestrates them with me on his mind. I don't know what else to say...I am bursting with praise and at the same time soaked in humility, I am just overcome by him and that is exactly where I want to be.

We will fill everyone in on more details when we have them. THANK YOU for praying with us and journeying with us. Thank you.


No comments: