I love this picture, because Jewel really loves being a baby sister. She adores her big brother. This last week I took them to Costco, and now that Jewel is way too big for her infant car seat I have to either carry her (which lasts about 5 minutes until my arms are throbbing) or put her into the ergo (which is FABULOUS, more about that later), or put her into a cart that has a high seat belt that can help her sit up. Well, at Costco the kids can sit next to each other in the double seater. Silas generally hates the cart with all of his three year old passion, but he is elated to have company. He is totally entertained by her and keeps her completely happy. I can hardly shop because I just want to watch them. He keeps his arm around her shoulders, gently strokes her head, kisses her cheeks, and talks in his little baby talk to her. And Jewel just beams the entire time.
Let's check out all the rolls. The cute little butt cheeks, the chunky thighs, and chubby arms. She has started on solid food. I am skipping the rice cereal since she clearly doesn't need the extra calories, and she is sleeping like a champ. So, we have been tasting the winter squash selections. I bake and puree the squash and mix it with breast milk to get the right consistency for her. SHE LOVES IT! I have to have everything ready before I get her into her high chair or she gets all worked up watching me mixing it. I just love her eye lashes, her toes, her great big smile, and the joy that is radiating from her!
She is loving her exersaucer, hanging out on the floor while Silas plays close to her to keep her company and entertain her. She is babbling and trying to mimic noises. Jewel loves to laugh. I think she just watches, waiting for something that is laugh worthy and then can't wait to show her enthusiasm. It doesn't take much to qualify. And although she is perfectly content with anyone holding her and vising with her, she loves the boys in her life. Silas and Daddy just delight her. She is, of course, momma's girl.




No comments:
Post a Comment