kids

kids

Saturday, September 26, 2009

Jewel's room

I am totally getting into the girl clothes and decorating! I did not see this coming. After having a boy, I thought for sure I was just not a huge fan of all the baby decor, coordinating room themes, accessories and such. Silas had tan walls, white bedding, and a few random items I put in there to classify it as a "camping room", I just could not get in the groove with his stuff.

Since we didn't know we would be having a little girl, I procrastinated with looking for bedding for either sex during my pregnancy. I think I was just planning on doing the white again because the creative juices were not flowing. Jewel shares her room as the guest room since we so frequently have family in town and we want them to be able to comfortably stay with us. While my mom was here over the summer, we picked a beautiful, cloudy blue to paint the room. Once Jewel arrived, I quickly discovered that it is hard to find girl bedding with blue in it. I had resigned myself to the neutral look, and then Grammy came. No grand daughter of hers would be without a completed room. She inspired me! Perhaps one day I will be crafty enough to make my own bedding...or have enough time to design something of my own...or at least get more creative with patterns and such...but this bedding set from Target captured the little girl in me and now that it is in the room I am soooo thrilled with it!

So, here are the results!

Looking into the room from the door (now wishing I had the lights on since the natural light looks much cooler NOT on camera)


The guest bed (open for visitors! especially since Jewel is still in the pac n play in our room and probably will be until Jordan forces me to move her out!)The changing table and totally cute shabby chic lamp that goes with the bedding set (and my house is not on a slant, I can't say why this picture is).
Looking at the room from the window side of the bed (this is a better idea of the color of the walls)
Looking to the right just when you walk in the door.


And...THE BEDDING!!! My sweet and already spoiled little girl in her adorable room.I LOVE this little pillow!
And, a shout out to Aunt Christine and Ellsie, rocking the flower head band. :)
Posted by Picasa

No comments: