Yes, Spring cleaning at the end of July. Life has been a whirlwind since May. I want to catch up before we get even further ahead of ourselves!
In June, I had the honor of throwing a baby shower for my friend, Lisa. It is her last sweet little baby, and celebrating with her, her family, and our friends, was so much fun. I am learning that I really enjoy these party planning and throwing opportunities...especially when it is for someone I love so much!
Just two weeks ago, Lisa and her husband, Kyle, and their kids; Marin, Maddie, and Max, welcomed baby Marcus into the family. He is cute as can be and a treasure to round off this fabulous family.
For the baby shower we did a camping theme...and roasted gourmet s'mores. Thank you pintrest.
My cousin, Jean, was in town for this weekend (thankfully, because three kids plus shower planning is a little wacky). She's the kind of house guest that feels more like a relief to welcome than to send off. She feeds Trey baby food while I am cutting up dinner for Jewel, she reads books to one while the others are getting bathed, she finishes dishes while the littles are getting tucked in, she stays up until wee hours of the morning sharing hearts and listening to stories and struggles. Needless to say, we all soaked up every last minute of our time with her and had big tears when she left.
We made a trip to the Rose Garden on her last day...I can't stop myself from plastering my totally adorable daughter all over this blog post. The yellow dress plus the yellow roses made for a postcard setting.
There was also a spot for ring around the rosie (although we weren't actually around the rosies at this time), rolling around in the grass, and a big brother helping his little sister back up the hill.
Already looking forward to Auntie Jean's next business trip to the NW. We are very blessed to have shared this weekend with you!
No comments:
Post a Comment