We had plenty of time to just soak up the sun, each other, and relaxation. Jewel spent most of her time snuggling and sharing her joyous smile with anyone who looked in her direction.
A special walk with Beppe
Silas had so much fun with his cousin Rodrick. They made forts, played cars and airplanes, jumped on the tramp and dug in the sand box. 
Jordan fully enjoyed the break from work. This was his longest vacation since we've been married. He did puzzles and read books (yes, he really read books, and is STILL reading since we have been home!)
He and my dad did exercise extravaganza with running, biking, and trails. It was very therapeutic for him, and very rewarding for all of us :)
Grandpa also got exercise with Silas, jumping on the trampoline.
And I treasured all of these things in my heart. I watched relationships being renewed, bonds being formed, and hearts being refreshed. I had coffee times with much needed conversations. I saw friends from high school and got a glimpse into their lives. I am so glad that I did all of these things, because life is fast. Really fast. I was reminded of that as I watched my precious little Slocum girls, who I baby say when I was 12 all the way through high school, holding my own daughter.
So, we are so glad we went to Arizona. Nothing is more wonderful than our family!!





No comments:
Post a Comment