When Jordan isn't home for dinner, I usually go really easy and often let Silas pick what he wants to eat. Tonight I asked him if he was starting to get hungry and this was the next few minutes of interaction;
S: Yes, I am. My tummy is saying "give me food, give me food!"
Me: Oh, ok. Well what would you like to eat?
S: I like hot dogs, and chicken, and turkey and meat. And I like the skin on apples.
I was finishing nursing Jewel and he had a puzzle on the floor that makes noise. I bumped it with my foot and he said to me, "Mom! Don't do that. I can do that, you can't do that...you silly booger!" I should have been offended or corrective, but we have said that to him so much I had no choice but to laugh. So laugh we did, together.
So as I am warming up dinner, Jewel is having tummy time on the floor and is really making progress with neck strength so I decide to snap a few pictures. As soon as Silas sees the camera on her he says "Jewel, look at mom. Look at the camera. You gotta smile now Jewel. Like this, see me. Oh Jewel, come on, look at Mom...Jewellll, oh Jeewwweeellll." He then proceeds to stick his face in front of every picture and won't let me take any of her until I offer for him to help me take them. That's a good idea.
When we finally sit down to dinner, which consists of toast, banana and hot dog for Silas and yogurt with granola for me, Silas looks at my bowl and says, " I DON'T like that, Mom. That is just for moms to eat. What is that anyway? Yeah, it's just for moms. Like beer is just for dads. Daddy is my FAVORITE Dad, like a cake Dad!"
Jewel having her tummy time




No comments:
Post a Comment